Friday, October 16, 2009

Big Orange Pumpkin Farm


Thomas and I went to the Big Orange Pumpkin Farm today. It's located a little north of McKinney, Tx. I didn't expect there to be quite so many people, and since it has been raining so much lately, the parking lot was a big black mud pit. The guy guiding the parking told me where to go, and I got stuck as soon as I hit the gas. He was an older fellow and he came over and pushed my car a bit... I went slowly forward, then in reverse, then slowly forward, and once he put some hay down in front of my tires, I finally got unstuck. Thomas thought this whole process was hilarious. He was giggling every time my tires would spin. Such a boy, he is. Once I accepted the fact that this was not going to be a peaceful visit to the farm, we headed in. When you arrive, they give you a cup full of food to give to the goats, but Thomas's little goat wasn't very interested. They've got the cutest pumpkin patch with little small pumkins all in rows... some still attached to their vines. There is a windmill surrounded with sunflowers, and they will even take you on a hayride if you are willing to pack in there with all the other school kids. There was a really long wait for the hay ride, and all I could think about was the swine flu, so we passed on that. Thomas enjoyed playing with the gravel and sticks, and he liked the rooster up in the tree on our way out. ;-) It ended up being a nice outing, but next time I go, I'll call ahead to find out if it will be a "school day" and I won't go after it has been raining.

Click here to see my pictures on our family website in a new window.

No comments:

Post a Comment