Friday, July 31, 2009

Fredericksburg Bound

This is such a good time of year for me, because Mike doesn't have much fishing. This weekend, we decided to come to Fredericksburg for the heck of it. I guess also, because Thomas just loves to travel in the "RVV". Mike came home early from work and we headed out about 2:00. Thomas fell right to sleep, so of course I couldn't miss a good nap! We slept for 3 hours. Niiiiice. We didn't expect the trip to take quite as long as it did though. With traffic and the rain, we didn't arrive until about 8:30. Our RV park is really nice and we were able to get a full hookup. This makes me very happy. I get to run the water all I want and not worry about filling up the tanks!

As soon as we got here, we all got out and checked out the park. We didn't get very far though, cause Thomas and his John Deere ("Gon Dee") truck parked themselves in the nearest gravel lot. The sun was going down and one of our neighbors was playing Willie. All I needed was a margarita. Whiskey is happy to be with us since he missed the last RV trip. He enjoyed his stay with Maggie and David though!

It got dark, so we headed back to the "RVV". I gave Thomas a bath, and he bathed his truck and trailer. He even went to bed tonight without his shoes on! (He has had a major hang up for the last several weeks about having his shoes on at all times. "Go non!" We have chosen our battle and have decided to put him to bed with his old dirty shoes on each night. Tonight, just socks!!! Clean socks.










No comments:

Post a Comment