Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sleepy Swings and Cholesterol Reducing Gravel


I Love When This Happens
Sometimes when it's close to Thomas's nap time, I cheat a bit and put him on the nice comfy swing. There's something about the shady 100 degree heat that mellows him out and closes those little eyes.



Tractors and Gravel
Thomas plays with his John Deere trucks and tractors for hours, and he always requests that I put on his John Deere DVDs. This all equals free time for Mom! I set him up at this table so I could work on my laptop next to him. As he was watching a tractor dump gravel into a dump truck on his video, he looked at me and said, "Need gravel." Of course I couldn't tell him no, so I went to the pantry and grabbed a bag of flaxseed. It worked like a charm and was easy (and fun) to vacuum up. ;-) My only tip for using flaxseed as gravel is to mix it with a bit of baby powder to keep it from sticking to clammy little toddler hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment